Wednesday, May 2, 2018

April showers bring May flowers!


April showers bring May flowers.

This month we have been showered with sickness. Our baby has been well for maybe only a few days the whole month. We are all currently going through a stomach bug. It seems to have been pouring down on us this month. However, in the midst of all this we have seen the Lord so much as well. He has sent people to encourage and revive us. He has spoken to us. He has shown His power. Even through such a difficult month in the home, I think I have heard us and others say more than even how GOOD our GOD is. So in the showers YES we are seeing flowers!

When we returned from the states the work in san Lucas has been amazing. I have met new friends and I have seen old friends as well. I have been tired, I have been sick, but also I have been happy because God never stops amazing me. This month we were able to serve more than 800 people in the medical field. We were able to provide general medicine, dentistry, optometry, and pediatrics. In, addition to all of this we have visited many families and been able to provide food and water filters that last for ten years. It has been such a blessing to work with Manna Worldwide and their teams.



As I have said before it is not always flowers sometimes it is rain. I had the chance to invest time into different families, one of these families live close to the church they are rude, mean, and bully others. It has come to my attention that the community does not care for them (of course I am generalizing). Many of our feeding center kids complain about them, that they insult them, bully them, and throw rocks at them. Other people say the father of the family have raped his daughters ( I pray to God this is not true, because I have no proof). When I went to visit them, what I did see was a controlling father, I brought a peace offering with me (I brought food) and I had the chance to meet his two older daughters. All of the children always look dirty and this time sad as well. The family told me about their brother (19y/o) that just got killed two weeks ago, he was stabbed in the back and could not make it to the hospital in time. Also, three years ago another brother (15y/o) was shot in the heart and died instantly. So they are devastated now, that two men of the family have been killed and are only left with little kids. I prayed for them and left without saying very much. That same day by coincidence, I met a second family that also lost a nephew, I found out that the same boy from the other family and this nephew were fighting to kill each other and the two of them died and another one is in prison. I prayed for them as well. In this family there are nine brother and all grow with their families equaling around 30 people that live on this piece of land. This day I have the pleasure of seeing one of the sisters accepted Christ.


A few weeks later I went to see the first family again with a team and this time we brought a water filter and a food basket. By now I already knew them more and every time I see them I say hi. This time we talked to one of the sisters her name is Olga, while we were talking to her we let her know that they need Jesus they have suffered so many losses and it is time to do something different. Ryan Jones, Manna mission leader, explained to her Christ through the water filter, and how God is the only one that can clean our sins and that there is nothing that we can do to clean ourselves. When I asked her if she wanted to accept Christ she said yes and that it was a good idea to do it, However, she needed to ask her dad first. She is a lady with kids and is in her 30’s but still felt that she needed to ask her dad. During my time in Guatemala I have seen my people being chained by ideas, by religion, by family, and by ignorance. They are tied to many things that are not Christ. But I know that none of this is my God because He is freedom. Pray for me so that God will give me wisdom to guide His people, and humbleness to give Him the glory.




Two month ago I started advertizing to our church, baptism, and finally this past Sunday we got to baptize 8 people. Praise the Lord! During these two months in different occasions and many times people have approached me, and have asked me can I get baptized? Can I get baptized if I’m not married? Can I get baptized if I have done it before? Can I get baptized if I was baptized in another church? Can I get baptized if I don’t serve in this church? What would you say? What should I say? This is what God said, “repent and come back to me”. So I said baptize. These were 8 flowers for our church to see the baptism and following in Christ. 4 last year and 8 this year, God is multiplying.







On the other hand, in San Mateo, the other village that ONE for Guate works in, we unfortunately lost the building where we were feeding in due to the land lord getting tired of the noise from the church and from our kids. So we got kicked out, but the pastors that we work with in San Mateo in a few days found another place to use. Now our need is bigger in San Mateo, we need supporters and we need churches to help us. The word of God says, “You are the light and the salt of the world.” ;and ” to take care of the widow and the orphan”. This is what we are trying to do and we are so grateful for each of you that come along side of us and take part in fulfilling these commands.



Please continue to pray for our family and for the work the Lord is doing in the people around us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment